Top 10 Tuesday has been on hiatus for a few weeks, and the few weeks before that it was all about romance and like, I literally was drawing a blank on those. I read -specifically- romance sometimes, but I usually stick to Maya Banks’s stuff, so pretty much all of those would have been exactly the same, over and over again.
But it’s back now, and it’s something I can do a list about. My top ten 10 on my spring TBR.
10. Finishing up V.E. Schwab’s Shades of Magic series. I had to actually go through my last media box (that I hadn’t unpacked in the six months since moving) and dig A Gathering of Shadows out of there. I had absolutely forgotten that I had gotten the character cards with it and also a Black London bookmark. That was a nice surprise. I had only read the first 50 pages when I received the book, stymied by people telling me there was such cliffhangers, not to do it. Now the last book is out and I can just binge them together.
9. Starting Jennifer Estep’s Elemental Assassin series. I really need to read these books. That’s all there is to it. I’ve been putting them off forever and now there’s like 15 of them.
8. Borrowed Souls by Chelsea Mueller. Jessie recommended this book, having alpha/beta read part of it. I ended up grabbing an ARC of it, so I can jump in any time. I also have a pre-order. I should probably also find her book blog and read that.
7. Anne Bishop’s The Others series. Look, I know this series is supposed to be great and all, but maybe I read her original Black Jewels trilogy and it was full of magical cock rings and I’m not ready to deal with something like that again. I put it off. I know there’s probably not magical cock rings in this, but some things stick with you, you know? I do need to start reading it, though. There’s a surplus of them now.
6. Rachel Aaron’s Eli Monpress books. Okay. So, I have the first four of these. I started reading book one, but ARC obligations got in the way and then I forgot to pick it back up. That’s something I should get on ASAP.
5. Injection Burn by Jason M. Hough. I’m in need of a good space opera.
4. Mask of Shadows by Linsey Miller. I have an ARC of this and someone on Tumblr was singing its praises. I probably should read it sooner rather than later, honestly. Before I forget about it and it gets buried in my Kindle.
3. The rest of the Kit Rocha books. Holy moly. Get in my eyes.
2. The Ship by Antonia Honeywell. New adult dystopian stuff and a boat of doom! I’m ready for it.
And last but not least, 1. The Boy on the Bridge by M.R. Carey.
Hot damn, you guys. This takes place in the same world/timeline as Girl With All the Gifts and I’m so ready for it. I think we may have nabbed some ARCs, but I have to wait with baited breath for the mail and see if we actually did. Even if Bry and I didn’t, the book comes out in MAY, which makes it my most anticipated book for the whole Spring. I’m so ready to dive back into this world. I can barely sit still.